I am a licensed clinical psychologist (PSY26156) and a certified eating disorders specialist. I work with individuals not just struggling with eating disorders , but also addiction, mood disorders, relationship stresses, and trauma. I have extensive experience working with children, families, and adults in many differ ent treatment settings and levels of care. I am dedicated to helping my clients identify the factors tha t keep them stuck in behaviors and unhelpful patterns and overcome the barriers to growth.
I work from a strengths-based, integrative theoretical framework, which means that my work is influenced by many theories, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Family Systems, and Mindfulness. I am supportive, warm and direct in my feedback. My approach is holistic in that many aspects of client’s lives are addressed: the physical, emotional, behavioral, and relational in order to explore how they might be impacting the presenting concern.
"Dr. Rachel has been a colleague over the past 6 years, and is one of the most skilled and trustworthy therapists I know. Dr. Rachel is that rare clinican who fully and seamlessly integrates a deeply empathic, authentic, and warm approach while also being grounded in research and sound clinical judgment. Her oppenness and nonjudgmental approach creates a safe environment and an ease in connecting with her. I would highly recommend her as a clinican."Dr. Katy Kopp Miller, Psy.D.
"Dr. Goldstein is a dynamite clinician. She is intelligent, dedicated, insightful, and creative. Her direct and compassionate style is consistently effective at provoking thought and producing change. Dr. Goldstein beautifully creates therapuetic alliances that support her clients to stay with themselves and their emotions and develop greater self-awareness from the moment they begin workign with her. I cannot recommend Dr. Goldstein highly enough if you are looking for a therapist to entrust with your process of growth and healing".
Rochelle, Greenhagen, LMFT
"Having collaborated with Dr. Goldstein both in residential and outpatient settings, I am continually pleased with her commitment to compassion and inner resource building with our mutual clients. I notice tremendous changes in my clients' abilities to meet life's difficulties with more ease, which ultimately makes my nutrition therapy work that much more effective!"
Katherine Dittmann, MS, RD
Katherine Dittmann, MS, RD
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, Pacific Graduate School of Psychology – Stanford Psy.D. Consortium, Palo Alto, CA
- M.S. In Clinical Psychology Pacific Graduate School of Psychology – Stanford Psy.D. Consortium, Palo Alto, CA
- BA in Honors Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- California Board of Psychology, License PSY26156
- Certified Eating Disorders Specialist, IAEDP
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Psychological Association (CPA)
- San Francisco Psychological Association (SFPA)
- Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders (APTED)
- Academy of Eating Disorders (AED)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP), Member of the San Francisco Bay Area Executive Board